Wednesday, May 20, 2009

About our boys......

Boys after they got their hair cut. (Note: this was Landon's first haircut and they have not had another haircut since this time....September 2008)
Boys all dressed up to go Trick-or-Treating. (Braden is a cowboy and Landon is Bob the Builder-October 2008)
My little cowboys. (A trip out to the Cowgirls Museum in Fort Worth)


Braden posing before a BIG game against the Marlins. (His team was the Astros.)
Braden "dressing up" in the coat and tie that Grandpa got him. (This is his favorite look for church on Sundays. )
Landon my "dare devil". (Wonder where he gets that from?)

My favorite picture of Landon. He was squatting and whispering to me outside of the boys preschool. (I sure do miss his Rod Stewart hair! )

The boys on Christmas morning 2008. They were so excited to see what "Santa" brought.




I want to give you all a picture of what our boys are all about at these "fun" ages.

Braden(5)--He is smart, quick to get Daddy's jokes, sensitive to others feelings and needs, cautious, finds the silver lining in a crummy situation (famous Braden quote, "It's not the end of the woald(world), it's just part of it")and has an amazing love for God. In fact, he is always telling me that, "I love God more than you and God is your boss". He already has an understanding of who and what God is. Granted, he does go to church and we do pray and sing songs about God in the home, but it is much deeper than that. He truly wants to follow God and honor him in all he does and that is such an awesome thing for a parent to watch. In the evenings after we've read stories and prayed with the boys, I will go check on Braden and he will have his lamp on by his bedside and be reading stories out of his Children's Bible. He also provides a hug or love whenever one needs it. For instance, Landon fell from the playground equipment a few weeks ago and was crying so hard. His first words were, "I need Braden....I need a hug". Braden has such a tender spirit. He and Christian share a love for history. They have been reading Laura Ingalls Wilder books so as to get a picture of what life was like on the prairie. He is a wonderful helper. If Landon is doing something dangerous, he is quick to let me know if I am not around to come see Landon. For example, when Landon was 12 months old, Landon decided to climb up on the dining room table and do the "mexican hat dance" on it. I was getting something out of the back of the house and Braden comes rushing to tell me to go get him. Braden is my other set of eyes!!!! Thank you, God, for sending me Braden.

Landon(2 1/2)--He is such a joy, full of life, outgoing, funny, physical, bold, daring (hence, the picture above), strong leader, very laid back. When I got pregnant with Landon, I prayed for a laid back baby and one who was happy and strong. Boy, did God give me that and tenfold!!!! Landon brings rays of sunshine with him. He is always so happy and joyful in the morning. ("Good morning, Mama! Love you much!!!") He is his own person and not at all bothered by what others might think of him. He always wears some sort of dress-up hat wherever we go....usually, a cowboy hat. He says "hello" to all he sees and strikes up a conversation. I guess I better have the "don't talk to strangers" talk with him. (I never really had to have that talk with Braden because he is always very cautious of all he meets.) Landon loves to make us all laugh. He is usually doing something goofy or saying the funnies things. For instance, we went out to eat a couple of nights ago and Christian and I got the adult menus and the kids got a colorful sheet with some confetti surrounding the menu choices. When our waiter came to take our order, Landon spouts out, "I'll take the party." Landon is also very easy going. He is not a big fusser. It was so nice when I had just had Landon and Braden was 2 1/2 at the time and still needing so much attention. Landon would just sit back and be happy while I tended to Braden.

It's moments like these that make Christian and I realize how we are so richly blessed with these two precious boys. How full they make our lives!!!! What did we ever do without them? I seriously have a hard time remembering.




2 comments:

  1. Welcome to a whole new world!! This is great! Now I can see your boys more often. I love it- it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Blog! Love seeing the boys and hearing about your family adventures. It's a great way to keep up with extended family. Keep us "posted"!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones